Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patty's credited with bring Christianity to the Irish. You most likely knew that, but did you also know that you can read Paul's letter to some of their fellow Celts and very possible ancestors in Galatians,one of the books in the New Testament?

St. Patty's credited with bring Christianity to the Irish. You most likely knew that, but did you also know that you can read Paul's letter to some of their fellow Celts and very possible ancestors in Galatians,one of the books in the New Testament?


They were in what's now Turkey. The ancient Celts that the Britts, Scotts and Irish derived from were travaling tribes of Europe that's ways puzzled other peoples including the the Romans. If you have any Irish pride today, you might like to know they were one of the few gruops Rome wa afraid of and would just give them what they wanted to make them go away! All that isn't in the Bible but jut a side note. The Church of Galatians wouldn't have been made up of only Celts but other people who lived among them as well. 


I looked for a a verse to Share i chooe these few, because it reminds  me of what St. Patrick might have felt when God called him to go back to Irland to bring them the good news (gospel).


Galatians 1:15-19 (New Living Translation)


 15 But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him to reveal his Son to me, so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles.


   When this happened, I did not rush out to consult with any human being. Nor did I go up to Jerusalem to consult with those who were apostles before I was. Instead, I went away into Arabia, and later I returned to the city of Damascus.

No comments:

Post a Comment